Location: Williston or Rutland, Vermont
Davis and Hodgdon is currently seeking dedicated Accountants with 5+ years recent experience in public accounting to complete small to medium sized engagements.
Staff will coordinate multiple engagements; review financial statements; review and prepare corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns; train & supervise staff; maintain and cultivate client relationships and monitor engagement budgets. Work load may be 60% tax and 40% audit but can be adjusted based on skill set.
Davis and Hodgdon is very interested in finding someone interested in being on the Partner track!
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree; CPA license (or CPA candidacy); a thorough understanding of A&A services, tax preparation and experience with various types of financial engagements.
- Willingness to train staff and assist in staff development.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organizational and tech savvy skills.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks.
- Ability to oversee and juggle concurrent engagements.
- Demonstrated excellence in client management.
- Interest in developing new client relationships.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters and Intuit software products.
- Experience operating in a paperless environment.
Organizational fit is important to us! In an effort to help both our Firm and the candidate determine fit our interview process is as follows*:
- Candidate will meet with Firm Administrator to go over the Firm culture.
- Personality and aptitude test.
- Candidate will meet with managers to discuss the position, expectations, etc.
- Candidate will meet with a fellow Accountant to find out what it is like to work at Davis & Hodgdon Associates CPAs.
*Depending on schedule, the whole process may happen in one meeting or be split into two meetings, whichever option is more convenient for the candidate.
Please send your resume to email@example.com