We understand the intricacies of federal and state compliance requirements for nonprofit organizations and can help your organization safeguard its most valuable asset - tax-exempt status. We offer a complete spectrum of tax planning, compliance, and consulting services for nonprofit organizations.
We continually monitor pending legislative and regulatory changes and work with you to develop innovative tax strategies designed to comply with federal and state laws. This is critical to avoid unnecessary penalties and sanctions and helps to better manage your organization’s income tax liabilities.
Other nonprofit services include:
- Financial Statements: Audits/Reviews/Compilations
- Board Member Services
- Development of board member manuals, policy and procedure manuals, fraud prevention policies, board recruiting procedures and adherence to the agency-wide mission statements Budgeting and Management Consulting Services
- Internal Controls
- We make recommendations to improve your accounting systems and procedures Perform audits of nonprofits to determine where elaborate internal controls are impractical because of an organization’s size and can recommend controls to protect the organization’s assets and produce accurate reports
- Attendance at board meetings
- Grant compliance
- Grant applications
Photo below: Sara Holbrook Community Center board members; nonprofit client since 2010.
- Every Fundraising Appeal Should Include These 5 Slants: https://www.dh-cpa.com/guidestar-every-fundraising-appeal-should-include-these-five-slants-09-14-17.html
- Better Understanding Business Models in the Nonprofit Sector: https://www.dh-cpa.com/guide-star-better-understanding-business-models-in-the-nonprofit-sector-09-13-17.html
- Top Issues for Nonprofits in 2017: https://www.dh-cpa.com/top-issues-for-non-profits-in-2017-05-09-17.html
- Nonprofits May Be More Vulnerable to Internal Fraud: https://www.dh-cpa.com/nonprofits-can-be-more-vulnerable-to-internal-fraud.html
- Resource for Nonprofit Content Marketing: https://www.dh-cpa.com/resource-now-available-for-nonprofit-content-marketing.html